Articles on this Page
- 11/25/15--01:20: _Sportspages’ new we...
- 12/10/15--08:13: _Sports Personality ...
- 01/21/16--05:10: _England cricket in ...
- 03/03/16--13:56: _World Book Day
- 03/11/16--10:47: _New Stock from Spor...
- 03/24/16--06:35: _RIP Johan Cruyff
- 04/07/16--06:44: _Order your 2016 Wis...
- 04/14/16--08:19: _Cricket Scorecards:...
- 05/19/16--08:26: _Our New Stock II Ca...
- 06/02/16--08:04: _1957 Chelsea Footba...
- 06/04/16--06:28: _RIP Muhammad Ali ‘T...
- 06/09/16--04:37: _Pele’s sport memora...
- 07/07/16--08:44: _The 1954 Wimbledon ...
- 08/03/16--04:19: _Sportspages and Joh...
- 08/04/16--08:07: _The Olympics and Pele
- 08/31/16--03:56: _Cricket Records: Le...
- 09/29/16--09:00: _Arnold Palmer: a tr...
- 11/30/16--02:49: _Sportspages sponsor...
- 12/08/16--07:41: _Christmas Catalogue...
- 02/16/17--07:56: _2017 Wisden Cricket...
- 11/25/15--01:20: Sportspages’ new website is here!
- 12/10/15--08:13: Sports Personality of the Year – a Sportspages snapshot
- 01/21/16--05:10: England cricket in South Africa & David Sheppard
- 03/03/16--13:56: World Book Day
- 03/11/16--10:47: New Stock from Sportspages
- 03/24/16--06:35: RIP Johan Cruyff
- 04/07/16--06:44: Order your 2016 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack Quick!
- 04/14/16--08:19: Cricket Scorecards: Sportspages’ New catalogue
- 05/19/16--08:26: Our New Stock II Catalogue is out
- 06/02/16--08:04: 1957 Chelsea Football Club
- 06/04/16--06:28: RIP Muhammad Ali ‘The Greatest’
- 06/09/16--04:37: Pele’s sport memorabilia auction
- 07/07/16--08:44: The 1954 Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championship
- 08/03/16--04:19: Sportspages and John Gaustad
- 08/04/16--08:07: The Olympics and Pele
- 08/31/16--03:56: Cricket Records: Len Hutton’s 364 in 1938
- 09/29/16--09:00: Arnold Palmer: a tribute to the ‘King’ of Golf
- 11/30/16--02:49: Sportspages sponsor Oxford University Rugby Club
- 12/08/16--07:41: Christmas Catalogue, part 2
- 02/16/17--07:56: 2017 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack
For the last 6 months, we have been working hard to redesign and improve our website. Our old website was much loved but we felt it was time to ‘freshen it up’ and hopefully make it better for our customers. We’re still at www.sportspages.com and all our contact details remain the same. We hope it improves your experience of searching […]
Sportspages has taken a look at BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year candidates since the programme begain in 1954. The runner, Sir Christopher Chataway won it that first year. We've delved into our archives to detail a winner from each decade.
The post Sports Personality of the Year – a Sportspages snapshot appeared first on Sportspages.
A letter written by David Sheppard, Sussex & England cricketer & Bishop of Woolwich and Liverpool, takes us back to the bleak days of cricket in Apartheid South Africa. The 2016 England cricket team’s performance in South Africa so far must have cheered the heart of every England cricket fan. We have seen some phenomenal individual […]
As many of you may know, it’s officially World Book Day today. In an office surrounded by 1000s of amazing sports books it was hard to choose only one title to celebrate the day We could have chosen many, but we went for C L R James’ ‘Beyond a Boundary’, described by John Arlott as ‘the finest […]
New Stock from Sportspages Welcome to our first new stock update both of 2016 and on our new website. We have some fantastic items from rugby, cricket and golf along with scarce and unusual football books this time. We also have a selection of items from more obscure sports – treats for collectors of tiddlywinks, fen skating, stoolball […]
It’s almost THAT time: the 2016 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack comes out on 14th April. After an incredible, rollercoaster year of cricket – and it looks like there’s much more of that to come this year too! – it’s bound to be a gripping read. If you haven’t already, you still have time to order it […]
The post Order your 2016 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack Quick! appeared first on Sportspages.
Rare & unusual Cricket Scorecards – our new cricket catalogue is out. We’ve struggled to keep the item numbers down in the catalogue. There are simply too many cricket scorecards with great stories to tell on our website! Some of the scorecards stand out due to their age. An I Zingari v the Liverpool Club cricket match took place […]
Our most recent New Stock catalogue is out now – have a look.
Enjoy a great image of 1957 Chelsea football players being led on a training walk by their then coach, Arthur Tennant. We love this press photograph – a fantastic time capsule and snapshot of a Chelsea football team, who probably felt reasonably confident that they were on the up and up by that point. They had enjoyed their first […]
Pele’s historic sport memorabilia auction: The biggest sport memorabilia auction in history has had us gripped over the last few days. Pele, arguably the greatest footballer in history, is selling a huge swathe of his collection of memorabilia from his football career. The auction offers over 6000 items of Pele ‘history’ to be won. Pele has explained why […]
The 1954 Wimbledon Tennis Championship was hugely significant for its two eventual champions: Male singles champion, Jaroslav Drobny and female singles champion, ‘Little Mo’ Maureen Connolly. 32 year old Drobny won his first and only Wimbledon title in 1954 after 11 previous, unsuccessful attempts. He also won the competition as an Egyptian citizen, the only Egyptian citizen to […]
We were very sad to learn belatedly of the death of John Gaustad in June this year. John Gaustad was the visionary bookseller, who set up a treasure trove of sports books in Caxton Walk, off Charing Cross Road in London. It became a legendary book shop for sports fans, especially football fans. Gastaud called it […]
Who will light the flame at the Olympics in Brazil tomorrow? The big money is on the ‘King of Football’, possibly Brazil’s greatest national treasure, Pelé. The International Olympics Committee has already, and quite rightly, honoured Pelé twice this year. In June Thomas Bach, IOC president, awarded Pelé the Medal of the Olympic Order, the […]
Cricket records were smashed yesterday at Trent Bridge. England’s 444-3 against Pakistan.was the highest ever ODI team total. Alex Hales achieved his record-breaking ODI score of 171 at his home ground. Joss Buttler hit England’s fastest ODI 50 (off 22 balls). Although the game seemed to go all England’s way, Pakistan’s Mohammad Amir broke an impressive […]
Arnold Palmer was rightfully crowned the ‘King’ of golf for his huge contribution to glamourising and popularising the sport throughout his career. He won 7 Major titles and had 62 PGA Tour wins and he was the first golf player to make $1 million dollars from the sport. He was a true champion and showman: a perfect […]
Sportspages Christmas Catalogue, part 2 Sportspages Christmas Catalogue, part 2 has arrived…And hot on its heels will be Christmas itself! It’s a great chance to buy something really special for a sports lover. Alternatively you can cleverly point one of your friends and relations at something you would particularly like yourself. Have a look at […]